RARA-AVIS: Re: TOC for TOUGH GUYS AND DANGEROUS DAMES?

From: foxbrick (foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Apr 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Duane Spurlock <duane1spur@...> wrote:

    > Does anyone have a table of contents listing for TOUGH GUYS AND DANGEROUS DAMES, an anthology (mainly from DIME DETECTIVE, I think, although I may be wrong) edited by Robert Weinberg and Stefan Dziemianowicz? Published by Barnes & Noble. And is the paperback edition different (contents-wise) from the hardback edition?

    http://www.howardworks.com/toughguysdangerousdames.html
    ...seems to suggest that the two editions are identical, which is usually the case with "instant remainders" from B&N and others.

    Contents
    "Names in the Black Book"
      Non-REH Content

    "Introduction" by Stefan R. Dziemianowicz

    "Sail by Lester Dent

    "The Magician Murder" by Raoul Whitfield

    "Black" by Paul Cain

    "The King in Yellow" by Raymond Chandler

    "Chains of Darkness" by Frederick Nebel

    "The Arm of Mother Manzoli" by Merle Constiner

    "Murder in the Red" by Norbert Davis

    "Brand of Kane" by Hugh B. Cave

    "Two Biers for Buster" by William Campbell Gault

    "Blond Cargo" by Fred MacIsaac

    "Mr. Sinister" by Carroll John Daly

    "The Kid Clips a Coupon" by Erle Stanley Gardner

    "Tarantula Bait" by Paul Chadwick

    "The Sinister Sphere" by Fred C. Davis

    "The Lady Is a Corpse!" by John D. MacDonald

    "The Lunatic Plague" by Donald Wandrei

    "Slack Wires" by Arthur J. Burks

    "Homicide Hunch" by Robert Leslie Bellem

    "Power of the Puppets" by Fritz Leiber

    "Death Is a Vampire" by Robert Bloch

    "Death at the Main" by Frank Gruber

    "I Feel Bad Killing You" by Leigh Brackett

    "The Case of the Frozen Corpses" by Ray Cummings
      Notes
      Edited by Robert Weinberg, Stefan R. Dziemianowicz, and Martin H. Greenberg.
      Books purchased from Weinberg Books included a loose book plate signed by Robert Weinberg, Stefan R. Dziemianowicz, and Martin H. Greenberg.

    --Todd Mason