RE: RARA-AVIS: Crime Fiction involving children

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Apr 2009

    > Todd Mason said:
    > > It is interesting that the notion of torture and worse happening to
    > > adults, including innocent adults and sometimes helpless ones, might
    > > be an almost necessary component of some of what we regularly discuss >
    here,
    > but the notion of the same things happening to kids can turn
    > > people right around.

    I plead guilty to that -- unapologetically, I'm afraid. It's just the way my mind's been wired since the arrival ten years ago of my two daughters.

    > This Michael Connelly essay, originally published in the Washington Post,
    touches
    > on this subject and may be of interest to some:
    > http://michaelconnelly.com/Other_Words/First_Person/first_person.html

    Thanks for posting that -- very insightful (at least, as it pertains to me), and touching. Connelly, of course, says it much better than I ever could:
    "A father would not have written it. It cut too close to the bone. It conjured images that I now know a father would not want to allow in his mind
    . . ."

    Ron C.