Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö's Martin Beck series

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Apr 2009

    Patrick, Re your comment below:
    "I wonder how closely the English translations follow the Swedish texts? Certainly the social commentary is clearly in the English but 'froth-mouthed ranting?' Which book would you classify like that?" A cop I used to work with in Berkeley, who was born and raised in Sweden, read them in both languages. He said the English translations were very faithful to the original. That's a second-hand opinion, but I pass it on to you, FWIW.

    If you friend is correct, I guess "froth mouthed ranting" is hyperbole, to say the least.

    Patrick King