: RARA-AVIS: Re:Willie Garvin and Friends

From: James Michael Rogers (jeddak5@cox.net)
Date: 24 Apr 2009

    The Holdaway art is everything Mark Nevins says it is...miles better than the Romero stuff. Holdaway doesn't really look like anyone else, but if I had to compare it to something I would say that I thought of Alex Raymond's Rip Kirby strip, except not as purty.

    Aarons I have never read,even though I have a couple of the books. I guess I put it them that PB ghetto, along with Prather's novels ( which I am also told are great). Furst is now at the top of my "to do" list. As to other HB Spy books, I would say a special word for Elliot West's The Night Is A Time For Listening. Also a great novel called A Matter Of Intelligence, author forgotten but perhaps George Wittman.

    James