Re: RARA-AVIS: Parker preview

From: Mark Finn (markfinn@texas.net)
Date: 24 Apr 2009

    Respectfully, I disagree categorically, emphatically, and completely.

    You need theater-style lighting for Parker stories.

    You need an intentionally 'dated' look and feel for Parker stories--particularly in The Hunter, where he forges his driver's license with a pen. If you keep the period intact, then you don't have to try and work around that brilliant little scene.

    You need someone who can tell stories without words for Parker stories. There's a lot of silence in them.

    You need a storyteller who's really into the series for Parker stories.

    I'd say, after looking at that preview, that Parker has found a champion in Darwyn Cooke.

    Mark Finn