RE: RARA-AVIS: Toronto Crime?

From: Harry Joseph Lerner (harry.joseph.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: 24 Apr 2009

    Hi Mark,

    You might want to check out Jamie Fraser Books. There website is at:

     http://home.ca.inter.net/~fraserj/

    It operates by appointment only and you have to call at least 24hrs in advance, but they generally have a good selection of vintage pulps and pulp novels. As far as Toronto-based fiction goes, the TORONTO NOIR volume in the Akashic Noir series might be a good place to start.

    Best, Harry
    ________________________________________ From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark D. Nevins [nevins_mark@yahoo.com] Sent: April 23, 2009 6:25 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Toronto Crime?

    (Did I already post this question? Did I miss a Digest in which it was responded to? Apologies, I'm just getting over a bad flu.)

    A few weeks from now I will find myself in Toronto for business. Questions:

    1. Any recommendations on good used bookshops, especially for older/vintage crime and hard-boiled?

    2. Any recommendations on good reads set in Toronto and/or by Toronto writers? (I am coming up with one book, Michael Ondaatje's IN THE SKIN OF A LION, which wonderful as it is doesn't really fit R-A parameters even with a stretch.)

    I hope this post is not a redundant time-waster; I'm now going to go check the Archives.

    Best, Mark Nevins