RARA-AVIS: JDM

From: Bill Crider (macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Apr 2009

    John D. MacDonald was one of my first big discoveries in the crime field, and I've read all his books (yes, that includes WEEP FOR ME and I COULD GO ON SINGING), many of them more than once. I was glad to see several mentions of THE NEON JUNGLE, one of my favorites but one that doesn't often come up in discussion. I may have told the story before of how I won a student book-collecting contest at The University of Texas with my JDM collection. That was 40 years ago. Around that time I subscribed to Len and June Moffatt's great fanzine, THE JDM BIBLIOPHILE, so at one time I had a complete run of that publication. I've since given that and a lot of other stuff to Texas A&M University. I hope they didn't toss it in the recycle bin.

    Bill Crider