RARA-AVIS: Re:John D. MacDonald Gold Medal Treasure Trove!

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Apr 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Nevins" <nevins_mark@...> wrote:

    > While I am still a relative newbie to crime fiction, John D. MacDonald has emerged as one of my clear favorites. I have noted that in my few years of mostly-lurking on R-A he has not come up very often (Maybe he's not considered hb/noir enough?<<

    You gotta be kidding... JohnD has been a presence here since day one. Several times the discussions have come up because of "hauls" such as the present one... he was very prolific. He's certainly hardboiled and some of his stuff has a strong noir tint. In any case, there's no reason for anybody to feel shy about discussing this classic author, of all people!

    mrt