RARA-AVIS: London Boulevard

From: zbleck (zoebleck@gmail.com)
Date: 14 Apr 2009

    Mark S said --Seems Ray Winstone has been cast in the lead of this movie based on Bruen's book which was inspired by Sunset Boulevard. And Keira Knightley plays the reclusive actress. Now it's been a while since I've read this book, but wasn't the actress older? Yes, she was a stage actress, unlike Norma Desmond being a screen actress, but weren't they both older than their new housekeepers?

    This is pretty common--I guess in order to capture the younger set.

    The same thing happened in "Gone Baby Gone"--Casey Affleck & Michelle Momaghan seemed too young, or maybe just too callow for their roles.

    Zoe