RE: RARA-AVIS: question about plot idea

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 08 Apr 2009

    ...or the variation where a detective has a friend/companion/new acquaintance that may or may not be the killer and accompanies the detective around to investigate, thus possibly investigating himself (though he is not the main character, i.e. the detective). Jay Bonasinga (among others) used this in HEADCASE.

    Ron C.

    Miller did a
    > nice job with this idea.
    >
    > Mark

    Big Clock,
    > which was remade as recently as 1987 as No Way Out. Although not a
    detective
    > and not really guilty of a crime, the main character is hired to find a
    suspect that is
    > of course, himself. Also was that kind of the theme of the film Momento?
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > ---- davezeltserman <davezelt@rcn.com> wrote:
    > > I heard a thriller writing talking the other night about how his latest
    book has the
    > "unique" plot device of having the detective investigating the crime and
    realizing
    > that he might be the guilty party. This immediately brought Hjortsberg's
    Fallen