Re: RARA-AVIS: an intro and a question

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 08 Apr 2009

    Nathan, I'll see your additions of Tokyo Drifter and Youth of the Beast, the latter a variation on the Red Harvest/Yojimbo plot. And I'll raise you Suzuki's Kanto Wanderer and Tattooed Life. I'd also recommend the Yakuza films of his contemporary, Kenji Fukasaku. Graveyard of Honor and Street Mobster are particularly noir.

    Apparently there are plenty of yakuza novels in Japan. I wish some would be translated. I'd like to check them out.

    Mark

    -----Original Message----- From: Nathan Cain Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:04 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: an intro and a question

    I meant Youth of the Beast. That's the name of the film. Also, I meant "recommend."