Re: RARA-AVIS: Damages (was LIFE ON MARS and MARLOWE)

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Apr 2009

    Anyway, did anyone else catch the far superior Damages? Even with its highly improbably season finale, which was filled with plot holes galore, it was still one of the more stylized and entertaining crime shows on television.

    Yes, I watch Damages faithfully. I agree season 2's finale was highly improbable. It would have been more compelling if Ellen had gone to prison, which I dreaded and expected. Perhaps, despite the usually brilliant writing and stupendous cast, season 3 isn't a given. Certainly Damages can't be a cheap show to produce. It is far and away my favorite show currently. The scenes between Glen Close & Marcia Gay Harden reminded me of that moment in Heat between Deniro & Pachino. I also loved the psychic devolution of Ted Danson's character. I thought it was interesting and very believable largely because of how Danson handled the character. I've been searching my iPod for the Ray Charles song Ellen played during her last confrontation with Patty. I know I have it and I thought it was called Just For a Thrill. Its not coming up in songs under J and I have 201 Ray Charles songs in there. Like Bob Dylan, Ray's songs are not always logically titled. For writing
     and acting, Damages is the best show on Television.

    Patrick King