Re: RARA-AVIS: LIFE ON MARS and MARLOWE

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 03 Apr 2009

    In a message dated 4/3/09 3:08:18 PM, foxbrick@yahoo.com writes:

    > I note that Lee Goldberg has decided that LIFE ON MARS (US) had the worst
    > wrap up in television history.  I strongly disagree, not least because I was
    > amused and because they did drop hints throughout the run that they might well
    > be moving in the direction they did.

    Lee is something of a traditionalist in terms of genre, not that there's anything wrong with that. many people are here as well

    I didin't buy into the premise myself so I didn't watch the show, but I did catch the season finale. wasn't difficult figuring out who was who or who knew what. Jason O'Mara seems a pretty compelling actor, certainly much more so than say, that smug dork who plays the lead in the very contrived Castle. the wrap up made perfect sense, but I have qualms with any show (outside of Newhart) that essentially renders its entire run into an extended...

    SPOILER

    SPOILER

    -- dream sequence. but such is the state of the mystery on television these days. my tastes run toward the grittier and more photorealistic, like The Wire or The Shield. to each their own

    John Lau

    ************** Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT.
    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220714320x1201367638/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950001%26p%3 D82)