RE: RARA-AVIS: Book Description

From: Jim Beaver (jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 01 Apr 2009

    I haven't dropped in to Rara-Avis in a long while, but I heard through the grapevine about Bill Crider's kind shout-out for my new book. LIFE'S THAT WAY is due out on the 16th, and like those of you who have ever had one of these babies get born (especially as late in life as I am!), I'm delighted, excited, and nauseous. I hope some of you get a chance to take a look at it, though it's pretty far off-topic!

    And I'm also involved in this new 13-episode murder mystery series on CBS starting in a week, HARPER'S ISLAND. I haven't seen any of it (that's how secretive they've been about it, even with the cast), but shooting it, it felt pretty good. No fedoras or femmes fatale, but it pays the rent.

    Anyway, I hope to spend some more time here in the near future, and to get some more hardboiled stuff under my reading belt soon. In the meantime, thanks again to Bill and all the best to you birds, rare or otherwise.

    Jim Beaver