Re: RARA-AVIS: Shopping for Old Magazines in NYC

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 23 Mar 2009

    I love the memory of that newstand, to which I always went when I lived in NYC in mid 70ıs and where I went to get some French papers...not too far from some of the translation agency I used to work with... Two ideas that have nothing to do with NYC...
    * still to this day I find used pulps or some interesting rarities (Iım just an occasional collector of some authors) in cardboard boxes at used bookstores in small towns in Michigan...about four months ago I found a small box in a quite decrepit store ³downriver² with a few Jim Thompsonıs...and the book version of The Night and the City with picture of the film on it...but you had to buy the whole box (~ 30 books) for
    $5...!...thereıs gotta be a few of those around the rest of the land...
    * check the website of ww.dawntreaderbooks.com/ they are excellent and as a long time resident of Ann Arbor, I guarantee their reputation...

    Montois