RARA-AVIS: Re: Readers Digest Condensed Books - believe it or don't- Davis Grubb

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Mar 2009

    Eric,

    Re your question below:

    "Anybody know of any other Noir/Hard-boiled titles that have received the RD treatment?"

    A few that I'm aware of include MacKinlay Kantor's SIGNAL 32, David Dodge's TO CATCH A THIEF, Joseph Hansen's THE DESPERATE HOURS, Whit Masterson's EVIL COME - EVIL GO, Ernest K. Gann's OF GOOD AND EVIL, John le Carre's THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, Dorothy Uhnak's THE BAIT and THE WITNESS, the Gordons' POWER PLAY, Frederick Forsyth's THE DAY OF THE JACKAL and THE ODESSA FILE, Gerald Saymour's HARRY'S GAME and CONDITION BLACK, Dick Francis's NERVE, IN THE FRAME, REFLEX, and COME TO GRIEF, Tony Hilerman's COYOTE AWAITS and HUNTING BADGER, Ridley Pearson's HARD FALL, Robert Daley's WALL OF BRASS, Sue Grafton's "N" IS FOR NOOSE and "P" IS FOR PERIL, William Kent Krueger's BOUNDARY WATERS, Michael Connelly's VOID MOON, CITY OF BONES, THE CLOSERS, and THE OVERLOOK, Lee Childs's RUNNING BLIND and ECHO BURNING, T. Jefferson Parker's COLD PURSUIT, and Robert Crais's THE WATCHMEN.

    That's just off the top of my head. There may be others.

    JIM DOHERTY