Re: RARA-AVIS: Dashiell Hammett's "Secret Agent X-9" now a BBC radio series

From: Steve Gerlach (stezzariffic@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Mar 2009

    Yes, I had the same problem. Anyone here actually have copies of the files we could grab?

    Steve

    ________________________________ From: Harry Joseph Lerner <harry.joseph.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca> To: "rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com" <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, 21 March, 2009 12:30:17 AM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Dashiell Hammett's "Secret Agent X-9" now a BBC radio series

    Thanks Vince for the info!

    I went to download the files but the website currently does not allow new registrations, thus making the mp3 files unavailable for download. They say they may re-open registration at the beginning of April, but no promises! Any other options for dowloading?

    Thanks! Harry
    ____________ _________ _________ _________ _ From: rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com [rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Vince Emery [vince@emery. com] Sent: March 19, 2009 2:55 PM To: rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Dashiell Hammett's "Secret Agent X-9" now a BBC radio series

    In 1994, BBC radio ran a series based on Dashiell Hammett's "Secret Agent X-9" comic strip. It starred Stuart Milligan and Connie Booth (the former Mrs. John Cleese). The BBC re-ran the series in January of this year. A web page is here: http://www.bbc. co.uk/programmes /b00gfwhy

    All 4 episodes can be downloaded from Demonoid.com: http://www..demonoid .com/files/ details/1779473/ 2325666/ Vince Emery

    Vince Emery Productions Publisher:
    - THE DASHIELL HAMMETT TOUR by Don Herron
    - DISCOVERING THE MALTESE FALCON AND SAM SPADE edited by Richard Layman
    - HAMMETT'S MORAL VISION by George J. "Rhino" Thompson
    - LOST STORIES by Dashiell Hammett

    www.emerybooks. com Box 460279, San Francisco, CA 94146 USA vince@emery. com<mailto:vince% 40emery.com> Phone 1.415.337..6000

    __.._,_.___ Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Members RARA-AVIS home page: http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/

    MARKETPLACE Do you think you're Smart? Find out your IQ today. Take our quiz at Quizyou.net.

    ________________________________ From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods
      Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent Activity
            * 2 New MembersVisit Your Group Yahoo! Groups Auto Enthusiast Zone Auto Enthusiast Zone Car groups and more! Check out the Y! Groups blog Stay up to speed on all things Groups! Yahoo! Groups w/ John McEnroe Join the All-Bran Day 10 Club.
    .

          Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox