Re: RARA-AVIS: Swan Peak

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 20 Mar 2009

    In a message dated 3/19/09 5:25:05 PM, stephen.burridge@gmail.com writes:

    > Burke isn't to my taste either, based on the first 50-odd pages of "Jolie
    > Blon's Bounce" a few years ago.  I was irritated by Robicheaux, who as I
    > recall was presented as a wise older man who had seen it all, and I didn't
    > care for the prose style, which will no doubt seem like heresy to
    > some.  Burke's reputation is such that I almost feel I have a duty to try
    > again, but I'm reluctant.

    his prose is a bit florid for my taste as well

    John Lau

    ************** A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219619459x1201345309/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072% 26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)