Re: RARA-AVIS: Disappearance of the Private-eye and detetive film

From: foxbrick (foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Mar 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Joy Matkowski <jmatkowski1@...> wrote:

    > I don't know why they do it, Steve. If memory serves me right, they're
    > all Republicans ("conservative" for those not knowing our labels).

    More often reactionaries or neocnservatives of late, but one example of a New Deal Democrat who had a decent run was Helen Gahagan (Douglas), who served in the US House from California for three terms, but failed to beat some guy named Nixon in a less than noble Senate race.

    Meanwhile, I shall have to review the messages in this thread in search of recgnition of how the most detective-oriented films of late have featured kid detectives or criminals forced to become detectives (the latter including CRANK and SHOOT 'EM UP)...

    Todd Mason