Re: RARA-AVIS: Disappearance of the Private-eye and detetive film

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Mar 2009

    No, Jack, not me. I don't go to the movies because, like a 3-year-old, I can't sit still and keep my mouth shut that long. I am only vaguely aware of what sorts of things are available on the big screen, although I do wish all hardboiled writers would get generous options to keep them rich enough to write what they please.
        I said merely that Chuck Norris seems to have gone into politics in a big way, so if he isn't making movies, the allure of a governor's mansion or a Senate seat may be the reason.

    Joy, who's just finished Barbara Fister's In the Wind and John Shannon's Dangerous Games and includes them both in the "hope they get fat movie options" category