RARA-AVIS: Re: I've finally begun THE HOT ROCK...

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Mar 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Cain <IndieCrime@...> wrote:

    > Made in the USA got its first American screenings recently. It may
    > still be making the art house rounds.

    Pretty silly film, in my opinion. Godard putting out attitude without any actual ideas to hold on to. As somebody mentioned, the Westlake "inspiration" is vague. They could have gotten away without paying him anything. As years have passed, I have become more disenchanted with the work of Godard. While Truffaut's stock has only gone up...

    Best,

    mrt