RARA-AVIS: Re: I've finally begun THE HOT ROCK...

From: trentrey (trent@violentworldofparker.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2009

    Thanks all for your help in more fully documenting the Parker-Dortmunder connection. It will be a great help when I get around to writing up The Hot Rock.

    I'll probably throw out several more questions and requests for information over the coming months as I continue to tinker with my virtual Parker museum.

    Jim: I have read Jimmy the Kid. I even watched the awful Gary Coleman movie based on it. Amusing story--many years ago, when the site was new, Mr. Westlake sent me an e-mail. He was shocked to learn from my site that there was a _second_ film version of Jimmy the Kid out there. I dutifully sent him all that I knew about it, and then he recalled that, indeed, he had been paid for it, but it was so long between the purchase of the rights and the actual release of the movie that he'd completely forgotten about selling them.

    The second film version was German and has never been released on video. "Jimmy" was played by a girl, which means that both Parker and Jimmy have been portrayed on film as a black American male and a European female.