RARA-AVIS: Garry Disher alert...

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 13 Mar 2009

    For those Wyatt fans out there, it appears Aussie author Garry Disher is going on a U.S. tour soon...here's an alert from a Seattle bookstore:

    "Mon, May 18, noon, Garry Disher signs Blood Moon (Soho hc, $24.00). A rare visit by this Australian writer. Insp. Hal Challis and his crew investigate the murder of a woman who oversaw the penalties on land-use violations, and the beating of a school chaplain. Complicating their work is the growing romance between Challis and Sgt. Ellen Destry. 5th in this series recommended by Janine."

    I already have all my Wyatt books signed by him, so I won't be attending...but for those who need him to scribble in your books, keep an eye out for him in your area (I have no idea what his tour schedule is).

    And for those who haven't had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Wyatt, he's the Aussie version of Richard Stark's Parker character. Good stuff, too -- no, not as strong as the Parker books, but still very much worth seeking out.

    Ron C.