RARA-AVIS: MIXED BLOOD, by Roger Smith

From: Busted Flush Press (bustedflushpress@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Mar 2009

    I agree with Dave... this book, so far, is #1 on my list of best debuts of 2009.  Very polished writing and such well-drawn peripheral characters.  The corpulent corrupt cop (whose name escapes me):  imagine Orson Welles in TOUCH OF EVIL, yet more disgusting... it was a twisted joy to read every passage that featured him.
      David
      David Thompson Busted Flush Press, LLC P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 / (713) 942-9282 www.bustedflushpress.com / bustedflushpress.blogspot.com(BFP's blog)