RARA-AVIS: mystery questionnaire

From: dsaangel@comcast.net
Date: 09 Mar 2009

    March 9, 2009

    Dear Mystery Lovers,

    I am a student in Rutgers School of Communication, Information and Library Studies going for my Masters in Library and Information Science. I am currently enrolled in a class entitled “Reading Interests of Adults”. For one of our projects we have to study individual reader preferences and I am conducting research on the reading habits and preferences of people who read mystery and detective fiction.

    I would appreciate very much if you would complete the attached survey. The questions are basically general. Completion of the survey is voluntary. I would prefer if you would answer all of the questionnaire items, please note that you may decline answering any questions you prefer not to answer. Please do not identify yourself in any way. After receiving your responses, I will separate it from your email address in order to preserve your anonymity.

    Please reply to my email address: dsaangel@comcast.net . Your completed surveys by April 16, 2009 would be greatly appreciated.

    Some of these questions have been taken from “Detective Agency: Women Rewriting the Hard Boiled Tradition” as well as a study done by Radway about readers.

    Thank you in advance for your assistance. If you have any questions, or would like any information about the study results, please feel free to contact me by email.

    Sincerely,

    Danielle Aronowitz Rutgers MILS Student