Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Canadian Question: DaVincis Inquest -- The Horsemen

From: gsp.schoo@MOT.com
Date: 09 Mar 2009

    No problem Jim. I was expanding on your comment more than disputing it.

    Of course, we COULD argue about that.

    BTW, someone mentioned that the police would never use the word "pigs" to identify themselves, but I do remember it being used sparingly among the few officers I used to know, more in irony than definition. And I also remember many years ago it being used to promote fundraising & community integration sporting events between off-duty cops and others, something like "Pigs vs Pupils" to boost attendance for a basketball game between local police and a highschool team, say. Like "Yankee Doodle," when you adopt an epithet as your own it disarms the attacker, which is often how such expressions go out of fashion.

    Best, Kerry