RARA-AVIS: Re: End it now

From: Mark D. Nevins (nevins_mark@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Mar 2009

    As I understand that MRT is one of this group's moderators, I will apologize for the use of that southern expression if it offended some List members, even though (as at least one other poster pointed out) the point of the expression is in no way to liken anyone to farm animals.

    I've been lurking on RARA-AVIS for several years and, as I said, have greatly been enjoying the thoughtful reviews of books and the insights on the history of the hardboiled genre and its writers that sometimes appear here. It seems it will be better for all of us if I return to lurking mode.

    Mark Nevins