Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Akashic Noirs

From: Karin Montin (kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 06 Mar 2009

    Montréal Noir has been done--in French. Five novellas. I read four and liked all but one of them a lot. Montreal and its winter (especially) were very much tied up with the tales. A couple of people have an unfortunate experience with a snowblower, for example. The one I didn't like had the spirit of a murdered girl kind of haunting her killer.

    http://www.editions400coups.ca/livres/montreal-noir

    I wondered if Akashic would be interested in publishing a translation but have got no further than wondering.

    Karin

    --
    Karin Montin