Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Gores missed the synedoche

From: Don Lee (donthepoet@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Mar 2009

    I certainly would hope there are more enlightened programs than the one I was in. Since culture tends to trickle inward from both coasts, I'd say a writing program in the midwest in the early 90s probably *was* about 20 years behind the times, at least, so the negative response Gores received at Stanford Way Back When was very likely the same kind of thinking that caused my friend his problems at the U of A 15 years ago here in the Bible Belt. Sadly.

    D.

    --- On Thu, 3/5/09, Allan Guthrie <allan@allanguthrie.co.uk> wrote: From: Allan Guthrie <allan@allanguthrie.co.uk> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Gores missed the synedoche To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 6:00 PM

                Depends on the course. There are quite a few crime writers on the course I'm

    currently studying at Lancaster. And there's a course starting at Napier

    University in Edinburgh where the focus is on genre fiction.

    Al