Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Faith and cynicism hand-in-hand in noir and hard-bolied ficti

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Mar 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Don Lee <donthepoet@...> wrote:

    > Y'know, I've never read Jonathan Gash either, though I ought -- I
    love the British tv show and it introduced me to Ian McShane, later hero of "Deadwood," one of the best tv shows ever. Just for the curious, which Gash book would be a good intro?

    Good question. I have never read Gash, that I can recall. The reason so many mystery writers are not discussed here is that we deal with a relatively narrow slice of the pie. If you add "mystery", "crime",
    "suspense", etc., the pie is huge.

    Best,

    mrt