RARA-AVIS: Re: Bloom and Shakespeare

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 02 Mar 2009

    I'd never heard of de Pedrolo before. I'll look him up. Any books in particular you recommend?

    I have read Vázquez Montalbán and like him. Have you read other Spanish noir practitioners like Andreu Martin and Juan Madrid?

    One of the new voices I've heard a lot about is Edgardo Fuentes. I know several of his novels have been translated to English. There's also a brand new anthology of young Spanish crime authors I've been told is pretty good:

    http://crucedecables.blogspot.com/2009/03/presentacion-de-la-lista-negra-en.html

    Speaking of Spanish cinema, I recently saw a very good crime film from Spain, "La Noche de los Girasoles" (Night of the Sunflowers). The DVD I have has English subtitles. It's available through Amazon but you'd need a DVD player that allows for PAL.

    -Gonzalo.

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"