RARA-AVIS: Re: Dumb Question re: Block/Irish

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Nevins" <nevins_mark@...> wrote:

    > Kevin Burton Smith, or anyone:
    >
    > I know about Robert Goldsborough picking up for Rex Stout), and
    Robert Parker "finishing" Raymond Chandler (then going further), but what exactly is the connection between Lawrence Block and William Irish (Cornell Woolrich)?

    He finished the Woolrich novel _Into the Night_. I think he did a superb job, but the critics were harsh on Block. It's a thanksless job...

    Best,

    mrt