RARA-AVIS: Bloom and Shakespeare

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Feb 2009

    Mr. T says:

    >>Consider this: Shakespeare was literally an accident (as we all are).
    The world would have the same colors without him. You would revere some other writer. Life is not defined by writers... it's not defined by anybody, it just is.<<
      I'm not sure the world would be the same without Shakespeare. One of the few things I agree with Bloom about is that Shakespeare invented/defined the human person -- at least of the European variety -- he scooped Freud on that. I wonder if Freud commandeered Shakespeare or merely redefined the human faults and foibles, none of which Shakespeare seems to have missed.
      Shakespeare's characters are for the most part extreme ... but isn't extreme what most go for on rara?
      Oh, yeah. And Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare ... some or many much more educated persons did.
      Jack Bludis

    Read, read, read. Write, write,write.