RARA-AVIS: re: Goodis...

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Feb 2009

    In order to lighten up the Œdialog¹...here¹s a joke heard tonight on the Césards (French Oscars) on TV5 (Dish network):

    ³...one cannot talk anymore about ³ film noir²...if you want to be politically correct, you got to talk about ³film de couleur¹...

    Those of you who speak/understand/ the language can infer....and might/will appreciate the joke...in the overall context of film/movies....

    Really: I¹m VERY curious to understand/investigate...why the Goodises¹ of the US writing world never ³made² it...are there socio-political reasons...but more importantly: are there economical reasons...???...or just simple fate?... I don¹t know what to answer/ believe and Rara-Avians might have strong insights into it...? Please give your take...why these remarkable writers were basically ignored...who Œowned¹ the path and arch to coast to coast stardom in the literary world...and what was their bent...??? I have been told a few times by intellectual/literary Œauthorities¹ from varied backgrounds that it can all be reduced to the influence of the churches/religious entities/establishment....and their power in all the publishing worlds...and their lackeys...i.e. the critics...????

    Bonsoir,

    Montois.....
    ......who just finished a great paella and several good reds with friends...and who saw The Wrestler last night and loved it and thought a lot about Dassin¹s The Night and the City....