Re: RARA-AVIS: I have discovered the secret key....

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Don Lee <donthepoet@...> wrote:

    > Please everybody talk about David Goodis for awhile!
    >
    > Don

    OK, what's with David Goodis? What was he about? Most importantly, was he really goodie?

    I have been most impressed with Cassidy's Girl. Why such a book has not become a classic that is read in schools is beyond me. In his telling and perspectives, Goodis is a quintessentially American writer. I would certainly include it in a curriculum, alongside Steinbeck, Faulkner and Dos Passos, for example.

    Best,

    mrt