RARA-AVIS: Re: Gores missed the synedoche

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Feb 2009

    Dave,

    Re your comment below:

    "Mario, we'll never know [whether Gores did SPADE & ARCHER for a quick pay-off]--although I'm sure his advance for this dwarfs all his previous advances."

    Maybe it does, and maybe we'll never know for sure, but the bulk of the evidence points away from the "quick pay-off" motive. After all, if all he was after was the money, he could stick to TV writing. He probably made more exec producing one season of B.L. STRYKER than he did on all his novels put together.

    I think he would've done SPADE & ARCHER even if the advance was no more than what he usually got.

    JIM DOHERTY