RARA-AVIS: Re: RED HARVEST

From: caroli1975 (karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 26 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jack Bludis <buildsnburns@...> wrote:

    > I know that I may be a minority of only one ... But I never did get
    RED HARVEST.

    I had similar feelings when I read the book. Like, if I had drawn an elaborate diagram to figure out who was doing what to whom, I might have appreciated the genius of Hammett's plotting. But as it was, I just didn't care enough. If I wasn't familiar with the overall premise from various remakes/homages, I'm not sure I would even have realized what was going on.

    -Carrie