RARA-AVIS: RED HARVEST

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Feb 2009

    I know that I may be a minority of only one ... But I never did get RED HARVEST.
      I've read it twice, most recently about a year ago and on the suggestion of people on this list. Maybe if it had been published in book form as the four novellas it was supposed to have been, I might have enjoyed four novellas. But when I was shocked at various places with thoughts of what happened, or what happened to ... whoever ... I still forced my way to the ending.
      Jack Bludis
    (Who thinks that THE MALTESE FALCON is the best hard-boiled PI novel ever.)