Re: RARA-AVIS: My last point on that topic, plus Hammett and Westlake

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Feb 2009

    No, RAN was King Lear.

    Patrick King

    --- On Mon, 2/23/09, Brian Thornton <bthorntonwriter@gmail.com> wrote: Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:59 AM

                Kerry Wrote:

    "I think similarities between Red Harvest and Miller's Crossing have been

    mentioned here before. Do I have that right?"

    Nope. You're thinking of THE GLASS KEY, not RED HARVEST. RED HARVEST was inspiration for one of Kirasawa's films (the title escapes, but it might have been RAN), and by extension, of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS. A more direct screen adaptation of RED HARVEST would be LAST MAN STANDING, starring Bruce Willis.