RARA-AVIS: Re: My last point on that topic, plus Hammett and Westlake

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Feb 2009

    I love Red Harvest, it never gets old. It is remarkable how Hammett moves things along. And people say bad things about Tha Dain Curse, but I find it a great pulp read. The seams show, the subject is a classic one in the pulps, but Hammett puts enough life into it that it doesn't seem trite. He was a writer of tremendous vitality, incapable of being boring, I think.

    Best,

    mrt