Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Electric Mist

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 22 Feb 2009

    Which version did you see...?? I read that there are two versions: one that was released by us dvd producers and another one which is hitting the screens in France on April 15 and which was the one presented by Tavernier at the Berlin Festival...some of the things I read seem to indicate that the two versions are quite different and some of the Euro critics talk about a solid Œpolicierš with great Œwet, murky and heavy bayou atmosphereš... I have no clue since I havenšt seen it...???

    Yet, Angel Heart was loved overseas and made Rourke into the new James Dean
    / Brando for French audiences (so happy hešs back nowadays)...but was basically dismissed here by the public at large......(I did like it very much in fact)...so perceptions are as mushy as a bed of wet leaves under the Spanish moss...

    Montois