RARA-AVIS: Jack Ritchie Redux: Married Life

From: David Wright (dwright333@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Feb 2009

    So I was watching a movie that my wife rented - "Married Life" with Chris Cooper and Pierce Brosnan - and I was thinking gosh this reminds me of Jack Ritchie or something. The clean elegant lines, the arch teasing delivery. Turns out to have been something, namely John Bingham's "Five Roundabouts to Heaven," on which the film is based. And which is wonderful and IN PRINT, hoorah, together with a couple of his other titles. Grab 'em while you can.

    David Wright http://shelftalk.spl.org

                      "Que Scay-Je?"