RE: RARA-AVIS: Historical analysis books...

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Feb 2009

    There are a few of that type -- HARDBOILED SENTIMENTALITY, WESTERN AND HARDBOILED FICTION FROM HIGH NOON TO MIDNIGHT, GUMSHOE AMERICA: HARDBOILED CRIME FICTION AND THE RISE AND FALL OF NEW DEAL LIBERALISM, HARD-BOILED MASCULINITY and maybe one of two others -- that initially look good but seem to smack of collegiate/doctorate puffery. I've avoided all of them thus far. I am, however, less familiar with HARDBOILED SENTIMENTALITY than the others, so will be sure to look into that one.

    Ron C.