RARA-AVIS: Historical analysis books...

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 19 Feb 2009

    (Cross-posted in somewhat different form from Vintage Paperbacks)

    I enjoy books about the history of genre publishing, the various houses behind them, how the authors eked out a living, distribution matters, etc. I presently have:

    1). Hardboiled America 2). The Mushroom Jungle 3). The Fiction Factory 4). The Book of Paperbacks 5). Dope Menace 6). UnderCover 7). The Great American Paperback 8). Black Mask Boys 9). Sin-A-Rama 10). Heartbreak & Vine 11). Over My Dead Body

    ...and some author biographies (Woolrich, Thompson, Goodis, J. Cain, F. Brown, et al) and a bunch of similar but pulp-related material.

    Have I missed any volumes of particular merit in anyone's opinion?

    Ron Clinton