RARA-AVIS: Re: Zeltserman's Pariah

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 10 Feb 2009

    Mark,

    The book is out now in the UK. It's not scheduled for the US until October, but amazon seems to be leaking copies now through other sellers. Unfortunately (drat!) no London paper reviews yet, but here's one of the early web reviews for it:

    http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/index.php/Pariah_by_Dave_Zeltserman

    I am very excited about this book, and don't think anyone is going to be comparing this one to Jim Thompson, or to anyone else. I'm more than extremely grateful to Serpent's Tail for publishing it. No NY house would ever have had the guts to touch it (an opinion also shared to me by a couple of NY editors who I've become friendly with, and who want me to write something mainstream for them).

    I hit a major milestone today--sold my first movie option. This is for an unpublished book, and has been in the works for over 3 years with many false starts and different players along the way. Final players ended up being Impact Pictures and Constantin Film Development with John Tomko (Ocean's 11, Falling Down) and Jeremy Bolt (Resident Evil, Death Race) to produce. This basically kept me going during my low points when I couldn't sell Small Crimes to anyone, and probably would've quit writing if I didn't get a call from my agent at the time about the film interest for this.

    --Dave

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Sullivan" <DJ-Anonyme@...> wrote:

    > Hey Dave,
    >
    > Your new book just came up in my Amazon Recommendations. I thought
    it wasn't due out in the states for months. I'm guessing this is a Brit copy, since it says 2 to 3 weeks to ship, but it's at domestic prices. $11-something.