Re: RARA-AVIS: hatchet faced

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 07 Feb 2009

    Does it mean only that (buck toothed) or can it mean also Œchiseled¹...I always thought that it meant with a chiseled face, a bit like Chet Baker
    (from the Let¹s Get Lost docu)...or some others...as opposed to baby faced... I have seen it translated in French by ³ciselé² (un visage ciselé...or Œen lame de couteau¹ - by a knife¹s blade) but I never made the direct association with buck toothed...to me the face was so angular and lean that
    ...it could go through the picket fence...

    Thanks for the reference...and further clarifications... Montois
    (hatchet man is a killer, enforcer...etc...)