Re: RARA-AVIS: hatchet faced

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Feb 2009

    I've heard a similar remark, but the individual was described as being so buck toothed that she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence. Hmm. From now on, should I encounter the fearfully hackneyed "hatchet-faced" in any of my reading, noir or otherwise, I shall simply mentally replace it with 'buck toothed". Proactive reading makes cliches disappear.