Re: RARA-AVIS: Elvisiana

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 05 Feb 2009

    I'm sorry, Steve. Yours was one of the books I couldn't think of last night, even though I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in the article I wrote (only in a local DC fanzine, Greed) back when.

    Hope the movie gets distribution. I'd really like to see it.

    Mark

    -----Original Message----- From: ABQBrewer@aol.com Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:23 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Elvisiana

    Hi all:

        My first novel includes a character that may be the living Elvis, long after The King supposedly expired on his throne. The 1994 novel, "Lonely Street," recently was made into an independent Hollywood film starring Jay Mohr as private eye Bubba Mabry, Robert Patrick as Elvis and Joe Mantegna as an evil concert promoter. The movie seems to be stuck in Distribution Deal Hell for now, but the book is still in print. ;-)
      Best,
      Steve Brewer

    _www.anewscafe.com_ (http://www.stevebrewerbooks.com/)
    _www.stevebrewer.blogspot.com_ (http://www.stevebrewer.blogspot.com/)