Re: RARA-AVIS: Raymond Chandler Fulbright Fellowship

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Brian Thornton
    <bthorntonwriter@...> wrote:

    > I serve on a board with Dan Stashower. Great guy.
    >
    > (hope that Rich doesn't think I was name-dropping)

    This Chandler fellowship is a good thing. I didn't know about it. Maybe when every book is a hardboiled/noirish thriller, there will be many such fellowships (Hammett, Cain, Thompson, Woolrich, etc., however many can be sneaked in). I just hope they don't establish the Killer Inside Me Fellowship or the Grimhaven Fellowship.

    Best,

    mrt