Re: RARA-AVIS: Shooting John Lau

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Joy Matkowski" <jmatkowski1@...> wrote:

    > I remember a pretty good book named Shooting Elvis. Wouldn't this proposed
    > noirish thriller title verge on plagiarism?
    > Joy

    Yes, a fine novel by former Raravian Robert Eversz. And no, the title Shooting John Laukovich would not be plagiarism, any more thatn Shooting Elvis is a plagiarism of Shooting an Elephant. In fact, you could reuse Shooting Elvis. We'd have to see how well John Lau does Blue Suede Shoes, though.

    I've mentioned this before, but Bill Crider has a great short story involving Elvis. Can Elvisiana be considered a fiction subgenre?

    Best,

    mrt